Melbourne Graduate Research Scholarships 2023-2024 is an excellent opportunity for outstanding international students to pursue master or doctoral degrees in Australia. The University of Melbourne Scholarships have multiple variations, including Melbourne Research Scholarships and Australian Government Research Training Program (RTP) Scholarships. Fully funded scholarships in Australia are an amazing opportunity for students to study at Australia’s most prestigious universities. The University of Melbourne Graduate Research Scholarships are open to domestic and international students to pursue postgraduate by research Master/PhD at the University of Melbourne. If you are a student and want to get your master’s/PhD done from an international institute without any financial burden, then don’t skip any part of this article.
The duration of Melbourne research scholarships in Australia is 2.5 to 3 years for masters and up to 4 years for PhD/doctoral programs. Almost all the academic fields and research areas are available under Melbourne University Scholarships 2023-24 in Australia (including health related fields). There is a total of 600 scholarship awards for graduate students.
Researchers from different parts of the world will work together and learn from each other at the University of Melbourne. The University of Melbourne has always provided the largest number of yearly fully funded scholarships for international students.
Financial coverage: Fully Funded
- Master’s program: 2.5 to 3 years
- PhD program: 3.5 to 4 years
No. of Awards: 600 (six hundred)
Deadline: October 31, 2023
The last date to apply for the Melbourne graduate research scholarships is 31 October 2023
Who’s eligible ?
- There is no restriction on nationality. Applicants can be Australian nationals, or applicants from any part of the world can apply.
- Applicants must have completed their bachelor’s degree (16 years of education) or equivalent with at least 75% grades to qualify for this MS/MPhil degree level scholarship.
- Applicants must have completed a master’s degree (18-year education) or equivalent with at least 75% grades to be eligible for Melbourne Graduate Research Scholarships program for the Ph.D. degree level.
- Students must have researched at their last educational level (Undergraduate or Master’s).
- Applicants must have research potential to apply for this Graduate Research Program.
- Students must have good medical health.
- Applicants must have completed the last degree in the English language.
- Applicants should have relevant professional experience.
- Full tuition fee for up to 2 years for those who are taking Master’s degree and up to 4 years for that selected applicant who is undertaking a PhD.
- Living stipend of $34,400 per year according to 2023 full-time study rate for up to 2 years for a Master’s degree or up to 3.5 years for students selecting a doctoral degree. The living stipend is recorded annually and includes limited paid parenting, sick and maternity leave.
- Relocation allowance of $2000 for students from countries other than Victoria or $3000 for international students.
- A single membership of Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) for international students.
- Networking and research opportunities.
- Research proposal.
- English language requirements if the last degree of the applicant is not in English completely.
- Recommendations from two referees (academic or professional).
- Some publications to demonstrate your research skills.
- Final academic transcripts.
- Curriculum vitae (CV)
How to apply
There is no separate application for Melbourne Graduate Research Scholarships in Australia. The applicant must apply to the University of Melbourne for this scholarship. The applicant who meets the requirements will be automatically selected for this scholarship.