You are invited to apply for the sub-Saharan Coimbra group scholarship program for 2023–2024. Young African researchers from higher education institutions in sub-Saharan Africa are eligible to apply for short-term (1-3 month) fellowships under the Coimbra Group short-stay scholarship program.
The major goals of this scholarship program are to make it possible for scholars to do the research they are involved in at their local school and to support them in making links with other academics and researchers.
These scholarships are funded by the Coimbra Group member universities that participate in this program, with the Coimbra Group office responsible for applicant administration.
Open to: sub–Saharan Africans
Funding: partially and fully funded
Duration: 1 to 3 months
Deadline: April 7th, 2023
Deadline to submit your application for the Coimbra group scholarship sub Saharan program is April 7th, 2023 at midnight (brussels time)
The scholarship consists of one or many of the following items, depending on the host university.
- Amount of money (from 600 to 2000 euro per month)
- Accommodation and travel costs
- Free meals
- Health insurance
Who’s eligible for Coimbra group short stay scholarship program
To apply for the Coimbra Group scholarships, applicants should be:
- Born on or after 1st January 1978
- National of and current residents in a country in sub-Saharan Africa
- Current staff members of a university or an equivalent higher education institution in sub-Saharan Africa
- Preferably of doctoral/ postdoctoral or equivalent status
- In possession of an acceptance letter/ email from the tutor or partner with whom the work program will be undertaken in the host institution. This document is mandatory.
- Application form
- Acceptance letter
How to apply for Coimbra group short stay scholarship program
To apply for the Coimbra group short stay scholarship program for young researchers from sub-Saharan, you must follow the instructions below:
- Applicants must fill in the online application for before the deadline.
- Candidates will be able to select one university only. Multiple applications from the same candidate will be rejected.
- Applicants should identify a research supervisor at the host university (through the website of the university of choice or by contacting the contact at the university of your choice)
- You should provide his/her contact details in the application form.
- Submit a letter/ email of acceptance together with the application form which proves that the candidate has been accepted to carry out research under his/her supervision.
N.B: all information must be submitted in English.
For More Scholarship Opportunities: Follow us on Telegram